Whats the Response time on a helios 300?

Options
ThrasherFromHell
ThrasherFromHell Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I've seen reviews that say the screen isn't that good in the color department, I've want to know more about its screen response time/input lag, it will be appreciated! 

Answers

• Skelomorph
    Skelomorph ACE Posts: 463 Pioneer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    As for response time, I haven't seen any lag, but then I don't pay attention for it.

The G3-571 has a matte IPS display. I find the color just fine. The only way you are going to get better colors is with a full LED display (generally cost more). UltraNotebookReview says the screen looks 'washed out,' but that is because it is has an anti-glare layer on it so it can be used in different lighting settings.

Unless you are extremely picky about the screen, it is unlikely you will even notice the difference, but it is definitely not the best screen out there.

Here is a link if you want to look into screen technology a little more: https://newatlas.com/amoled-vs-ips-display-technology/39196/

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The respone time from black(10%) to white(90%) and reverse is 22.7ms. IPS displays are bad at response times and you won't even notice any 'ghosting' in games. The only way to see ghosting is to just move your mouse's cursor quickly and you will see it. I am with an IPS display(~25ms response time) and I haven't noticed ghosting in games.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ThrasherFromHell
    Options
    ven98 said:
    The respone time from black(10%) to white(90%) and reverse is 22.7ms. IPS displays are bad at response times and you won't even notice any 'ghosting' in games. The only way to see ghosting is to just move your mouse's cursor quickly and you will see it. I am with an IPS display(~25ms response time) and I haven't noticed ghosting in games. 

So that means gray to gray response time is aprox 5ms right? 

• ven98
    Options
    gray to gray usually has longer response time than white to black.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• ThrasherFromHell
    Options
    ven98 said:
    gray to gray usually has longer response time than white to black.

I read that gray to gray was lower, like if black and white response time is say; 25ms the gray to gray response time is 5ms aprox 
  • ven98
    Options
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system