Not charging over 91% since i bought it Chromebook R11

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,435 Trailblazer
    Have you tried to reset the battery yet? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mentor
    Mentor Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also having the same problem as Budspot.  My chromebook is a new chromebook which I bought two days ago.  According to the battery percentage it will not go past 88% charged no matter how long it is on the Acer supplied charger.  I have already tried refresh button + power.  I have tried powerwashing.  I have tried battery test which told me that my batter is 94% healthy.  I am now running verzion 62 on beta channel with no success.  Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.  I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware problem or just a software/percentage meter is reading 88% when it is really 100% problem.
  • JackE
    The color and behavior of the battery LED indicator with the charger plugged in is probably a better indicator of battery status. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CyberCat
    CyberCat Member Posts: 4 New User
    If this is any help have communicated with support, i have an R11 which is holding at 43% an not charging anymore an i was told that google an Acer are working on a fix, but i would suggest calling or doing a chat with support because i don't know if this issue is across the board may depend on the model of chromebook.
  • CyberCat
    CyberCat Member Posts: 4 New User
    Just a follow up there are a few things to try an they may have been posted in the past an these trouble shooting tips are available at google help to possibly reset the charging issue an in the beginning i thought it would be replacing the battery but it wasn't an that possibly a corrupt version update we'll see what happens.
  • JackE
    And another good indicator of battery condition and state of charge is how many hours and mins the machine actually runs before it automatically saves your work and then shuts itself off. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• mlascolarn
    mlascolarn Member Posts: 1 New User
    My battery life is decreasing daily. Today it will not go over 37%. I bought this product due to long battery life. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    In almost all cases the problem is in the percentage display, not in the actual battery life. There is a bug in the Chrome OS on these that displays the wrong numbers for battery capacity. If you have a battery reset hole you can sometimes get it back to correct with a reset, if you don't have the hole you can usually get it back by doing several full battery cycles. Run it on battery until it shuts down due to empty battery, charge it fully while it's off, turn it on and allow it to discharge again... Rinse and repeat, after a few iterations it should go back to showing the right numbers again.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    I fully agree with Billsey! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BudSpot
    BudSpot Member Posts: 5 New User
    BudSpot said:
    Not charging over 91% since i bought it Chromebook R11
    Latest my chromebook R11 cb5-132t-c7r5

Battery now has 76% decrease each time I use it. worse since chromeOs 63. i called tech support and i have to send it for repair. I tried almost everything from unplugged battery to hard powerwash installed all chromeOs version from beta to developer nothing

• JackE
    BudSpot>>>Battery now has 76% decrease each time I use it.>>>

How long did the battery actually last after charging it up overnight? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BudSpot
    JackE said:
    BudSpot>>>Battery now has 76% decrease each time I use it.>>>

How long did the battery actually last after charging it up overnight? Jack E/NJ
    streaming music trough bluetooth more then 8 hours usually i still have 5 to 10% left with the screen off most of the time for me it's ok. when i recharged i was loosing about 1% every 2 or 3 full charge since chromeOs 63 loosing 1% every 1 or 2 full charge 
  • JackE
    >>> loosing about 1% every 2 or 3 full charge since chromeOs 63 loosing 1% every 1 or 2 full charge  >>>

Yeah! Full cycles are where it's at! Would be great if we could get more folks to post actual data sets like you've done here, especially if the !% loss continues, gets worse, or seems to stabilize after X number of full cycles. Thanks. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• BudSpot
    I managed to have 100% battery. Go in recovery mode esc power refresh stay on the white page not go further, let it plug and wait for the light to turn blue, I saw for the first time the blue light on my battery. when the light is blue just turn off and back on. Voila 100% but I do not know if it will last to continu...
  • JackE
    100% congrats BudSpot! 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• BudSpot
    Finally after all my useless attempts they fixed the problem in the beta 66