Does the care plus package cover official (Acer Predator) products from other websites?

KAA8
KAA8 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey people, new guy here.

I'm not yet an owner of any acer products, I've seen some really good deals for new Acer predator laptops on other US websites and even with shipping they're significantly cheaper than the products on any UK website, but they don't offer any coverage for the UK.
I came across a great deal that Acer offers here on this website on 4 year carry ins for predator notebooks, but I can't find out anywhere if this still covers products that were bought from elsewhere.
I understand that what I need to register for the care package is a proof of purchase of the product ie copy of the invoice or till receipt. Does this have to be some kind of official acer invoice that can only be found from purchasing here?

Would appreciate any feedback if any of you know something about this. Thanks  :) 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    In the UK they kind of use the higher currency value as an advantage to set higher prices. For example if something costs $1000 in the US, it will cost 1000pounds in the UK, which is roughly 1300dollars. Unfortunately, no matter from what country you order an Acer product, it won't be covered by the warranty in the country you live in and are a citizen of(Have an ID/passport/citizenship proving that you are citizen of this country), in your case UK. I know it isn't nice, but this warranty is supposed to be for travelers/people who go on holidays.

I think you can still get the product warranty repaired by ACER if it fails, but you will have to ship it to them from UK to US(if you buy it from US).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!