How to correct a Windows 10 update on 11/23/17 messed display

myacer1955
myacer1955 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
A Windows 10 update on 11/23/17 mesed up my display, and teh only way to fix it is to go back to the previous Windows setup.  That will only be a temporary fix, until Windows tries again to fix itself in another week or so.  So I found the driver (I thought so!) on the Acer website and downloaded it.  THe zip file has a setup and text file BUT NO DRIVER.  It was more important to Acer to get my feedback BEFORE I found out the download is useless.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Hi,
    If you have downloaded the correct driver, right click Setup and select "Run as Admin" to install the driver.
  • myacer1955
    myacer1955 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Though I located a driver on the Acer site [I entered the SNID after which the site showed only 1 driver.]  and downloaded the zip file.  Unzipped, it had no driver included. The only files in it were: ICC information (1 kb) and a setup file (52 KB).  In other words they contained no useful information. 
  • Forsure
    Forsure Member Posts: 2 New User
    If this is so, then your computer is rendered useless. Same as me, I have an ACER Aspire Z1801 and am trying to update Win10. Microsoft said Win 10 is incompatible with my model.