Acer Predator 15 G9-592- Battery plugged in but not charging!

2»

Answers

• RedC1
    RedC1 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    FINALLY!!! So I took off the back plate and tried to find where would this clip-thing land if it were there. I found this little black button that is circled in the attached picture. Since the broken clip-thing is lost, I tried placing some cardboard there making sure it doesnt touch any of the metal or circuits around. I also made sure it was fitting their tightly so it doesn't move around. Without returning the back plate, I tried turning on the laptop and it did turn on. I tried several times to turn it off and back on again. I tried charging it too. ALL works fine and the LEDs are back to working properly (staying in their default condition). Thanks a lot for all of your help. I truly appreciate your contribution! 
  • That's an excellent result, you are most welcome :)  and well done.
  • Davidrojas
    Davidrojas Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2018
    Hey guys, I just fixed mine thanks to the info of this post. Im going to post some pics showing how I fixed mine with a little piece of paper folded a couple of times, and some tape.
    so, basically that piece you see is covered, is supposed to push that little "button" or piece of plastic or whatever, as if its not completely pushed, for some reason I dont know, the battery is not going to work! And it looks like in some cases that little piece is not long enough.

So, I just cut a thin and long piece of paper (about 4 inches long), folded it in half a couple 3 or 4 times, giving it more thickness, then just took some tape, and put it on the little piece as you see in the next pic
    and after doing that, Voilà!!
    its very easy to fix, you wont void the warranty and the odds of damaging a component or something like that are pretty much nonexistent. So give it a try! 
    I hope it helps!
  • Shahazureen
    Shahazureen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello guys, I still have this issue .. I almost fix the not charging problem but i mess up the plastic button so I screw it up.. any other way to fix this button since i lost minor part of it and... that part is the critical part for the battery to charge.. :(
  • DJRicoche
    DJRicoche Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited August 2018
    This same problem just started happening to me. Laptop is stuck at "0% available (plugged in - not charging).  I have went through all of the troubleshooting steps including the following:

1) Trying the battery reset pinhole switch (hold button for 4 seconds, let laptop sit for 5 minutes) - NO success
    2) Trying the above method, but letting the laptop sit powered down overnight - NO success
    3) Deleting the drivers in Win10 for BOTH the battery AND the charger, and restarting the machine - NO success
    4) Checking the "Chassis Intrusion" switch located next to the RAM expansion slots - NO success (SIDE NOTE: My laptop doesn't care if the cover for this area is present or not - it will boot either way) 
    5) Removing the CMOS battery to do a BIOS reset - NO success
    6) Removing the bottom of the case and disconnecting the battery from the motherboard - (relatively easy to do, just keep track of the different screw lengths) and booting into windows.  Win10 then shows "No Battery Connected", but runs fine.  - NO success

The last thing I wanted to try was updating the BIOS, but the installer doesn't allow me to, because it requires the battery be at a 15% minimum charge.

ODDLY ENOUGH, THE "ACER CARE CENTER" BLOATWARE INDICATES BATTERY HEALTH AS "GOOD" NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I RUN THE TEST.

At this point I have given up on troubleshooting this system and have ordered a replacement battery (about $90 online) as it is easy to change, and my machine is out of warranty anyway.  I will update this post if the new battery remedy's the problem, however I am not hopeful.

XXXXXX, as this seems to be a common problem with ACER machines across the board XXXXXXXX.  None of the remedies they provide seem to fix the problem, and none of the methods users have found fix the problem either.

I do know this much, 2 years ago I gave ACER's then "new" line of gaming laptops a shot - and needless to say, I won't be buying another ACER product again, especially since I use my laptop to earn a living, and I need it to be 110% reliable. 

Daniel "DJ Ricoche" Geer

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]
  • kellyQ
    kellyQ Member Posts: 2 New User
    hi guys can someone help me fix my predator 17 laptop. the battery is not responding but it appears on the screen that it is plugged in not charging. so when i remove the ac adapter it shuts down automatically. how can i fix this problem? thanks guys

• RedC1
    DJRicoche and KellyQ did you inadvertently break any plastic part that is sticking out of the small back plate of the laptop? Or while trying to charge, are you sure the backplate is placed securely? 
  • RedC1
    Shahazureen sorry not sure how to help with the broken black button. Found a solution for it? 
  • kellyQ
    kellyQ Member Posts: 2 New User
    RedC1 i did not break anything it just automatically not working when i used it
  • Emmanuelmens
    Emmanuelmens Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I'm also facing the same problem as KellyQ. And i have never opened my Acer laptop before. This problem is really stressing me out
  • Emmanuelmens
    Emmanuelmens Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

My problem just got fixed. I don't really know how but i think my Norton anti virus did it for me. I was just using my laptop then i received a pop up that i need to restart my computer. I did it and when the laptop was rebooting, it ran a scan. I signed in to my windows and the Charging problem was not there anymore
  • natashak
    natashak Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi everybody,

I'm having the same issue except I haven't unscrewed the back at all. It was working fine before but now it's suddenly not charging and the battery is stuck at 0%. It doesn't retain the charge at all, because when I pull it out the laptop dies. I tried a battery reset by unplugging it etc as per the instructions online but that hasn't helped either. I also tried re-installing the drivers but to no avail. Could someone please help?

• DJRicoche
    DJRicoche Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

There are two causes of this problem apparently - One is that switch (on my machine it has ZERO impact on anything.) - The other is just a bad battery - they are simple to replace and (somewhat) inexpensive.  See my earlier post.   Changing it out took all of a half hour, and that was 98% disassembly and reassembly . 
  • mabdelmaksoud
    mabdelmaksoud Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem even though i never disassembled my laptop, also i tried the battery reset button on the back but it didn't work, and tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds but didn't work either, and i i ha no missing screws.