Acer Aspire VN7-792G won't connect to any TV through any HDMI cable

iamlorde
iamlorde Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Laptop won't connect through HDMI to any TV I've tried so far. I've been searching for weeks now and I still haven't been able to find something that works.The TV is recognized in the device manager as Generic monitor, also in the Intel graphics control panel, shows up as SONY TV but nothing else happens.

I've tried different HDMI ports on different TVs, different cables, nothing. Also, if I go to sound->playback, the audio output source for the TV via HDMI is there, if I play something the volume bar looks like it's working, but since I cannot get signal on the TV it doesn't actually work. I've no idea what else to try :/ .

Things I've tried so far -

-disabling integrated graphics driver/re enabling

-older intel hd drivers

-reinstalling/installing nvidia drivers

-redownloading drivers from intel

-redownloading drivers from acer.

-playing around in the nvidia control panel

Nothing's working out so far.

I appreciate any ideas you could give me, before I need to resort to reinstalling windows.

I've no idea if the HDMI port itself could be causing this, since whatever I plug into the laptop seems to be recognized(to an extent).

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    so pressing windows logo + p keys and choose any of the settings, can't give you an image to TV?

can you please report your BIOS version?
    windows logo + r keys
    type
    msinfo32

report BIOS version date string
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • iamlorde
    It does not. Duplicate does nothing, extend does nothing. Making the TV the main display does nothing, since I still don't get a visual output out of it.

BIOS Version/Date  Insyde Corp. V1.02, 9/25/2015
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    There is a newer version of your BIOS and you can download it from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6404?b=1
    Just download and install v1.09.

NOTE: The downloaded file will be in archive, you will have to extract it and run the .exe file. Before executing the installation make sure that battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger. During the installation the device might restart several times, so please don't attempt to turn it off until the installation is complete.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• iamlorde
    ven98 said:
    There is a newer version of your BIOS and you can download it from here: //

NOTE: The downloaded file will be in archive, you will have to extract it and run the .exe file. Before executing the installation make sure that battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger. During the installation the device might restart several times, so please don't attempt to turn it off until the installation is complete.

Thanks a lot. I'm trying this tomorrow since the laptop is a friend's. I'll come back with an answer asap. Thanks you!
  • naveen_afc
    naveen_afc Member Posts: 1 New User
    iamlorde said:
    ven98 said:
    There is a newer version of your BIOS and you can download it from here: //

Thanks a lot. I'm trying this tomorrow since the laptop is a friend's. I'll come back with an answer asap. Thanks you!
    Any luck? I am facing the same issue with my Acer Nitro 5. Monitor is recognized in the intel control panel. But no output on screen. It always says "signal out of range". Tried changing the output frequency as well. No luck. 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    signal out of range normally is a resolution/frequency issue but it's quite strange on DVI/HDMI connections.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • iamlorde
    Updating bios did not do anything.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You mentioned that you tried the connecting the laptop to different TVs, but have you tried connecting it to a monitor to see whether you will get an image?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!