Adding M.2 Drive to Acer preditor AG3605UR23

Sheriff_Andy
Sheriff_Andy Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an acer preditor AG3605UR23 that I bought about 4 years ago.  I want to add a card so that I can add an m.2 drive.  The question is will the bios of my PC allow me to boot from the new drive?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    if you mean a PCI card with a M.2 adapter, no, it will not boot.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sheriff_Andy
    Sheriff_Andy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Is there no bios update for that?  I'm not even sure what motherboard is in it to look it up.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    no, no BIOS update to enable boot from PCI-ex
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Sterbenz
    Sterbenz Member Posts: 4 New User
    New to this User Forum on 03/26/2020.  Search YouTube for Acer Preditor G3-710.  Many videos but look for the memory/SSD upgrade video.  During excellent presentation on SSD installation in the internal drive bay cage, the presenter removed the graphic card to assist in finding the motherboard drive data connector.  Lo-and-behold, there was an M2 installation slot on the motherboard ready to be used.  It should be a quick plug-and-play installation. Good luck is you get to see this.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @Sterbenz the G3-710 and G3-605 are very different machines.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sterbenz
    Sterbenz Member Posts: 4 New User
    Sorry about the PC reference.  You might want to obtain the free program Spaccy.  Just search for it.  This is a diagnostic program that tells you about each device on your system including manufacture, model number etc.  It's free and you might gain information on the motherboard.  Let me know if it helped.