Help!!! Predator Sense Is not working properly

Options
chm2467
chm2467 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
my predator sense app is not working I cant see my GPU or the fan or the option to Overclock the GPU I have a predator G9-793-78CM it has a GTX 1070 and also I have an option I didnt have before reinstalling windows the option to switch discrete and integrated graphics

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Because it is from microsoft's website, that means it is a generic copy. The windows you have had previously on your laptop is a customised copy, made by Acer and it contains some kind of a plug-in, which is used, so predator sense can recognise your laptop. Without the custom windows, predator sense recognises your laptop as a predator most likely, but it can't recognise that it is g9-793. In order to get Predator Sense back as it was before, you need to obtain the custom copy of windows, which means that you have to contact Acer support. Most likely they will ask you to send your laptop to their repair centre.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    By re-installing, do you mean that you pre-installed windows? Did you install a generic copy of windows?

Your laptop doesn't have integrated graphics.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• chm2467
    chm2467 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    I got it from the microsoft website
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Because it is from microsoft's website, that means it is a generic copy. The windows you have had previously on your laptop is a customised copy, made by Acer and it contains some kind of a plug-in, which is used, so predator sense can recognise your laptop. Without the custom windows, predator sense recognises your laptop as a predator most likely, but it can't recognise that it is g9-793. In order to get Predator Sense back as it was before, you need to obtain the custom copy of windows, which means that you have to contact Acer support. Most likely they will ask you to send your laptop to their repair centre.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system