Any hope of getting single finger scroll back when running Windows 10?

OldSchoolBBSer
OldSchoolBBSer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I absolutely can't stand double-finger scrolling. I'm not sure if it was when I upgraded to 8.1/10, but the single finger scrolling on the right side doesn't work anymore. After reading, it sounds like it comes down to the driver software. This is not a "getting used to it" thing. I've been annoyed with it for over a year. I understand this is really more on ELAN, but you all make the call on using the ELANs. Surely you all can apply pressure to ELAN to update their software to re-enable the one-finger side scroll. It still works fine in Linux, so I know this is just a software issue of having the code created/added back in.

Answers

• totbl
    totbl Member Posts: 7 New User
    I absolutely can't stand double-finger scrolling. I'm not sure if it was when I upgraded to 8.1/10, but the single finger scrolling on the right side doesn't work anymore. After reading, it sounds like it comes down to the driver software. This is not a "getting used to it" thing. I've been annoyed with it for over a year. I understand this is really more on ELAN, but you all make the call on using the ELANs. Surely you all can apply pressure to ELAN to update their software to re-enable the one-finger side scroll. It still works fine in Linux, so I know this is just a software issue of having the code created/added back in.
    same issue here - did you find anything out about it?
  • Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Have you check Windows 10> Settings > Devices > and look under touchpad? 

• totbl
    totbl Member Posts: 7 New User
    Sobe said:
    Have you check Windows 10> Settings > Devices > and look under touchpad? 

yep, all you see is settings for gestures and 2 finger scrolling. There is no way to configure as I was able to on my old laptop below. I have updated drivers etc etc.

• Sobe
    Sobe Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Yeah - sorry I've been a person of not liking edge scrolls and more of a two finger scrolls, but I understand how you like yours.

I see that "Edge Scroll" in ELAN
    Is that the one you're talking about where you want to scroll using your finger on the edge of the mouse pad? Can't you disable multi touch and enable the 'edge scroll'?