Startup issues on Acer E15

DivideByOrange
DivideByOrange Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I recently purchased a refurbished E15. Looks great and works great except for one small issue and I'm not sure what's causing it.

When I unboxed it and plugged it in for the first time it didn't boot up right away. The screen remains black except for a few very faint flashes of the screen about 10 seconds apart. It did this for some time and I assumed it was because perhaps the battery wasn't fully charged and didn't have enough power to start up. It did eventually start so I thought nothing more of it.

That was 4 days ago but the same thing has happened again today. This time the laptop have been plugged in to AC the entire time. All I did was close the lid which I guess means I put it to sleep but I didn't Power It Off. Again it did eventually start but it took about 5 minutes.

What could be causing this? Might it have something to do with the Sleep settings or power management settings? Or is it something hardware-related? It's a little unnerving to have this happen on a device that's only been in my position a week so if I have to have something done to it I want to make sure it's done quickly.

Thanks for reading.