Xb2411H to laptop connection issue

rjb_08
rjb_08 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, I bought a predator gaming monitor recently to use as a primary screen for my laptop. My laptop only has hdmi and mini display port connection so I bought a cheap display port to mini display port cable to use. However, after I plug the cable I can use the monitor well but only limited to 85 hz(with gsync). If I set it higher than that, the monitor screen flickers. Can someone assist me on the following:

1. Is it the cable that I bought issue? The cable does not specify any specs on the package. If yes, can anyone recommend which cable to use?

2. Since the monitor comes with display port cable, I was thinking to buy an adapter for my mini display port to plug the display port cable. Will this option able to utilise up to 180 hz? My rig is 1060 6gb with 16gb RAM and i7 7th gen processor.

3. I understand all new laptops nowadays only has hdmi or mini display port connection including gaming laptops. If the above issue does not apply, how can these new laptops be allowed to use a monitor with high refresh rates?

Hopefully someone can answer my queries.

Cheers!
Renz