ACER ASPIRE a315-21 95kf is not booting up

Options
thecrowesnest
thecrowesnest Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
ACER ASPIRE a315-21 95kf is not booting up.  I get the Acer logo with circle and nothing.  If I F8, I'll get a repairing boot message.  If I f2, the hard drive is listed.  I've tried restoring defaults here with no luck.  During one of the many failed boots, I did get the blue screen of death with some sort of windows stop message and a QR code the I wasn't quick enough to scan.  Please help.  This laptop is only a few months.  It seems like total ***** now!  Please help.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options

Remove the charger. Press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds to turn the machine completely off. On the bottom of the laptop there should be a small hole located near the corner of the smallest air vent in the middle. Push a paper clip into this hole for a few moments to disconnect the battery from the system. Then push the power button once to turn the machine back on. Report back. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    I just did this and got the Acer logo with preparing repair, screen went black, then got the BSOD for page file, auto restarted with Acer logo and spinning circle. That's where I'm at now.
  • JackE
    Options

OK. Remove the charger again and go thru the same paper clip routine as above. But ***immediately*** after turning the machine back on, push the ALT key while tapping the F10 key to try to recover the system to a factory-fresh state as shown in this video. If you're not quick enough with the ALT + F10 key pushing tapping procedure, try it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuljT0a8F7I

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    I've also tried this. When booting in this way, I get the aforementioned BSOD.  If I don't bit this way, I just get the Acer logo and spinning circle, which never ends.
  • JackE
    edited November 2017
    Options

>>> If I f2, the hard drive is listed.  I've tried restoring defaults here with no luck.  During one of the many failed boots, I did get the blue screen of death with some sort of windows stop message and a QR code the I wasn't quick enough to scan.>>>

(1) Does this mean you were able to access the BIOS settings menu and F9 to setup defaults? (2) Is the HDD fully identified?  (3) Was there a BuSOD error code this time? (4) Was you machine also equipped with an SSD? Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    1) Yes to both
    2) yes
    3) no, Acer logo and never ending spinning wheel
    4)no
  • JackE
    Options

>>>When booting in this way[ALT+F10], I get the aforementioned BSOD>>>

>>>3) no, Acer logo and never ending spinning wheel>>>

???? Just a BuSOD but no text or code? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    Booting after batter disconnect with no restoring to defaults or alt f10=boss page file not in page file error with computer auto restart leading to Acer logo and spinning circle of doom.

booting after battery disconnect with Alt f10= 2 bsod's. One for irql and the other for page file

Booting after battery disconnect and bios restore = Acer logo and spinning wheel of doom
  • JackE
    Options
    OK, if you can still F2 into the BIOS menu, does the MAIN dropdown show that the D2D option is enabled? If not, enable it, then F10 to save and exit. Then completely shut down and do another cold boot to try the ALT+F10 method again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    D2D was already enabled.

Not sure if this means anything but as a test, I just changed boot mood to legacy from uefi. I then got a does message saying it didn't find a boot device.

Changed back to uefi and on reboot got the Acer logo with preparing repair message. Then it went black. Then Bsod with page file error. Then auto reboot Acer logo and spinning wheel of doom.
  • JackE
    Options
    F2 back into the BIOS menu. Under the INFO dropdown, what SYSTEM BIOS VERSION number is displayed? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    Bios V1.00  
  • JackE
    Options

When did you purchase the machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• thecrowesnest
    Options
    Purchased in August this year. Manufactured in April this year.
  • JackE
    Options
    You need to get warranty service pronto. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Rosamerlenyo
    Rosamerlenyo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    thecroestnest, did you send the laptop to be repair and if so what was the result. I am having the same problem. Thanks