Unknown Cause For Slow Performance

MCKillerZ1
MCKillerZ1 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I bought this laptop (Aspire E 14 E5-473-31TG) last year, and this is the first time I see my laptop getting massive drop in performance. It started 2 weeks ago. I was doing 3D Modelling using Blender in the morning. I put it to sleep, and when I use it in the evening, the performance is low. I can still do modelling, but the process is taking a bit longer than expected. Not only that, but it affects all my games, the browser, and basically everything. Opening File takes more than 3 seconds, which is not normal because it usually takes less than 2 seconds to open. Watching YouTube videos is also not good. I get constant lag spikes in the videos. It takes a major effect on my games especially. From a stable FPS (maybe 30-40 FPS) to less than 15 FPS, with lag spikes.

So I decided to format my laptop. The performance went back to normal after formatting. I continue to use the laptop as usual, when this morning, the same thing happens again. Slow performance. Even as I'm typing this right now, I see that the words appear slower than expected. For example, each letter typed in takes about half a second to appear. So I format my laptop again, hoping I can find the cause of this. But after format, the performance is still slow. I decided to check the speed of the CPU. My laptop uses Intel Core i3 2.0GHz. When I check Performance in Task Manager, the speed is 0.5 GHz. I'm not sure if this is the default speed of the CPU. I have no idea what's causing this performance drop. I seriously need help, it drives me crazy.

Answers