Acer predator G3-710 [GTX1070+i7-6700], Can it be used internationally?

ItsAnewMe
ItsAnewMe Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi guys, I just bought an Acer predator G3-710, the one with the GTX1070 and i7-6700 from the US, I just arrived in my country and found out that the power outlet in the US are 110V while in my country it's 220V.[And the frequency is also different, can't remember the numbers though].
Would I be able to use it out of the box or do I need a transformer? [I did my research but couldn't find anything about my PC'c PSU]  

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can open the side panel of the PC and have a look at the sticker on the power supply. If there is something like this written on it (110V-240V 50Hz-60Hz) then you can use it in the US. I am sure you can connect it to 110V with no issues as your PSU should be abke to work on 110V, but just in case it is better to check. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• ItsAnewMe
    ItsAnewMe Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the reply. I found this sticker on the side of the PC. But it doesn't say 110-220V. The "/" makes think there's some kind of switch [I can't see any physical swithces] maybe it switches automatically idk. 
    And actually it's the other way around, my country has 220V outlets. Any ideas guys?t doesn't say
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Yes you can what it says that it can work on voltage between 100V and 127V and current 10A and between 220V and 240V and current 5A. The frequency in America is 60Hz and it can work on both 50Hz and 60Hz. It is compatible with 110V and 60Hz, which is what they have in America.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!