Windows button not working

Options
Fero
Fero Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,
I am a happy new owner of the Predator G9-793. Everything is fine excpet one little thing: the Windows keyobard button doesn't work. I am used to use it for win+e/win+d shortcuts. I can't even add it to a macro in the PredatorSense software because it isn't registering it. Any help?
thanks!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    You can update BIOS to latest version from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6965?b=1

You will find the list with BIOSes under BIOS/Firmware. Download the latest version, which is 1.12, extract the archive and before executing the installation make sure battery is fully charged and connected to charger. The laptop might restart several times during the installation so don't turn it off until it is completed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Fero
    Fero Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi thanks for the quick reply. I updated the bios as you suggested. Turns out the "disable the touchpad" button disables also the Win button.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Fero said:
    Hi thanks for the quick reply. I updated the bios as you suggested. Turns out the "disable the touchpad" button disables also the Win button.
    yes, it's sort of "gaming" mode, so you will not be kicked to desktop if you press windows key.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ezeakeal
    ezeakeal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Fero said:
    My gosh I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out what was going on there... thanks for clearing that up mate
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Open Predator Sense... there would be an option to enable/disable windows key - irrespective of whatever state your touchpad is.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045