I have Problem With Text Resolution on Acer Nitro VN7-593G

iisark
iisark Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi,

I bought an Acer Nitro VN7-593G last week but since then I can't find a solution to my problem.

My job is to read websites most of the time so the most important thing to me is to have the text of the websites in good size. Since the native resolution of this laptop is 1920 x 1080 the text of all websites looks ridiculously small. I have used the built-in feature of Windows 10 to scale the display to 125% but this change the font style of most websites ( i have no idea why). Please see the screenshot attached. I have tried so many solutions but without success. The best solution I found so far to have the websites text bigger without changing the font styles is when changing the resolution to 1366 x 768. But since 1366 x 768 is not the native resolution everything looks blurry...so I'm stuck.
If use the native resolution (1920 x 1080) - text is small and if scale the display, the fonts of the websites are changed. If use 1366 x 768 resolution - the text size and fonts of all websites looks great, but is blurry...Please help me to make the text of the websites bigger without changing the fonts, or in other words - I want to have same font style & size on 1920 x 1080 resolution  like on 1366 x 768 resolution pic.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Tge font style is the same in both situations. It is just that on 1920x1080 looks more clear.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    had you try google Chrome and increase the zoom?
    left CTRL key + mouse wheel
    left CTRL + "+" keys
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • iisark
    iisark Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,

I have tried so many things - on firefox and chrome to zoom the page but the results is like on the pic from the left.
    To: ven98 - the font is not the same. As you can see on the right - Titles look bold and description text is smaller compared to the left side. And this is happen on all websites.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Sorry but i can't understand your issue, since Chrome zoom increase the font size and doesn't change it.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • utterbutter
    utterbutter Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited November 2017
    If I'm not wrong there is a option in the Settings > Display > Scale and Layout for custom scaling and you can specify a number from 100% onwards. I have my custom scaling set at 105.