Acer Nitro 5 HDD upgrade kit

Options
Abdullah_Radwan
Abdullah_Radwan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I am planning to buy Acer Nitro 5 from Amazon, AN515-51-55WL.

But I hear the HDD upgrade kit isn't included and it's available for US and Canada customers only, I live in Saudi Arabia.

So that's mean I can't put HDD in the laptop? that's really bad because 256GB is insufficient space for games and personal files.

Answers

• Abdullah_Radwan
    Abdullah_Radwan Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I contacted Acer support in Saudi Arabia and they ask for parts numbers. Can you give me it?
  • DVGaylin
    DVGaylin Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    How do I order the Nitro 5 HHD kit for the USA? I bought this laptop expecting to add the additional hard drive but I am getting no where with respect to getting the required cable and module.
  • Skippy111taz
    Skippy111taz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    So I live in Canada. I have just got off the phone with "Acer Support" and I have got to say, what a bloody joke that was. I had to tell the guy at least 6 times why I was calling. It took half an hour for the guy to tell me to call some other place's in the U.S. for parts. 
    The First place I call didn't have anything. Still waiting to hear back from the second place. There was no answer, so I left a message.
    I think our best bet is to just go to a local computer repair shop and send the bill to Acer. Seriously how much are they saving not including a simple wire and tin plate in the laptops. Hell they can pay customer service employees to not listen to customers.
  • Redfan
    Redfan Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    So I live in Canada. I have just got off the phone with "Acer Support" and I have got to say, what a bloody joke that was. I had to tell the guy at least 6 times why I was calling. It took half an hour for the guy to tell me to call some other place's in the U.S. for parts. 
    The First place I call didn't have anything. Still waiting to hear back from the second place. There was no answer, so I left a message.
    I think our best bet is to just go to a local computer repair shop and send the bill to Acer. Seriously how much are they saving not including a simple wire and tin plate in the laptops. Hell they can pay customer service employees to not listen to customers.
    read your warranty before you do that, I want to install a 1-2TB m.2 ssd on mine and an extra 8gb of ram, it might (other words for will) void the warranty, say the mobo fails, they will say that you used "x brand ram and y brand ssd and have your warranty voided, don't make ANY changes until the warranty expires, don't even take it to Canada computers because that might void your warranty. has to be an "authorized acer centre" but none exist in Canada, there's no such thing as an "acer store". wait out the warranty before taking it to a store to do the upgrades. wouldn't recommend doing them yourself when its such an expensive system, say Canada computers for the installation of an m.2 drive on the nitro models its $30 Canadian, the ram might be even cheaper because of the way its accessed. but then if the graphics card burns the mobo, acer wont cover you.
  • Skippy111taz

Tinkerer

Options
    I just finished a online chat with support. They are way more helpful. They are sending me the necessary hardware to add another HDD to my computer. Adding the hardware and hdd won't effect my warranty. I even confirmed the hdd I will be using is compatible with my laptop. Getting the hardware to add this hdd is actually a warranty claim. The Laptop is suppose to have it from factory. It is only the Nitro 5's that have a M.2 SSD that are missing the hardware for the additional 2.5"HDD
  • Skippy111taz

Tinkerer

Options
    Redfan. I can see it being different with messing around with RAM and the M.2 SSD. That involves messing with the motherboard. It is simple to do though. But yes that will void the warranty. Adding a additional 2.5" hdd to a computer that already has the M.2 SSD from factory is actual expected for these gaming laptops and wont void warranty.