Aspire E5-572G Touchpad only working with two fingers

Options
DaktoNiektoIný
DaktoNiektoIný Member Posts: 28 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, I have E5-572G and my touchpad only works when i put 2 fingers on it and even with it its a bit bugged...When I click on something with two fingers it marks everything like when you wanna do CTRL C and copy something. Its really frustrating me because i cant use it like that and i couldnt find help  googling it.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    Are you using Windows 10? If you are, go to Settings, Devices and select Touchpad in the left pane, you can disable any features you don't like, for example you can disable two finger tap enabling right click by unticking the box.

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hello,

You can update BIOS. Download latest version available from this page. Before updating make sure battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger.
    If it doesn't help go into BIOS settings(on boot press F2) and find the setting for touchpad. Set it to 'advanced'. If it already set on advanced setting or it doesn't help, uninstall the touchpad driver from device manager and download the driver available from this page. If it still doesn't work you can try installing the generic driver from here. If nothing of these help, then last chance is to uninstall the touchpad driver again, restart the system and let windows find and install the driver.

If nothing of these works, contact Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!