Acer Predator 15 G9-593 - Games freezing for 3-10 seconds

blackbird
blackbird Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello

My laptop has ALWAYS had issues when playing games. Usually when a new event happens like killing a boss or a bunch of things at once happen.

I've updated ALL of my drivers. I've changed all of my power options so nothing is turning off and is all running at maximum performance.

In CS: Go it freezes for 5-15 seconds every 1 minute.
In a non-demanding game, Enter the Gungeon or Binding of Isaac, it freezes for 2-6 seconds when something happens, like picking up a new item etc.

I've tried everything I can possibly find on the internet and nothing solves this issue. Help!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Have you tried updating BIOS to latest version? If not you can download the BIOS from this link: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6964?b=1

Download and install version 1.12 which is the latest. It can be found under BIOS/Firmware. Make sure the battery is fully charged and laptop connected to charger before executing the installlation.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• blackbird
    Yes, I have already updated my bios to 1.12
  • blackbird
    I checked my temps in the new hitman. After 10 minutes my cpu was at 97-99 and my gpu was at 87!! This is after I undervolted the cpu.
  • That is way too hot. You need to either send it in for re-paste or re-paste it yourself.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • blackbird
    Okay, I've bought some stuff and I'll replace the paste. Problem is, I have problems on non intensive games that aren't overheating the laptop. Still get random freezes. Usually when something new happens. Like a brand new action/sound
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If you have geforce experience installed, uninstall it. It is known to cause sluttering in some systems. 
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!