Replacement motherboard for Predator 15 G9-591 (motherboard/ssd failure)

vaibzzz123
vaibzzz123 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello Acer Community,

Around early summer of 2016, I bought an Acer Predator 15 with an i7-6700hq, 16gb RAM, 128gb ssd/1tb hdd storage, and a gtx 970m from BestBuy. A couple weeks ago the computer suddenly would not turn on which really confused me. I took the laptop in to BestBuy for them to diagnose, and it turns out there was a motherboard and ssd failure. They were unable to fix it as they weren't able to locate a replacement motherboard for the laptop. My 1 year warranty for this device with Acer expired long ago, so I can't send it on for repair with them. I was wondering where I can get a motherboard for my model, as that laptop is a giant brick lying around at the moment. If I can't buy the actual motherboard itself, what are my other options? Cheers

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can't find a new motherboard for this laptop, as it is not manufactured anymore. You can look for it at online stores. I am not sure if these days a motherboard failure is considered fix-able, and it will also depend on where it failed and what failed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Hello Acer Community,

Around early summer of 2016, I bought an Acer Predator 15 with an i7-6700hq, 16gb RAM, 128gb ssd/1tb hdd storage, and a gtx 970m from BestBuy. A couple weeks ago the computer suddenly would not turn on which really confused me. I took the laptop in to BestBuy for them to diagnose, and it turns out there was a motherboard and ssd failure. They were unable to fix it as they weren't able to locate a replacement motherboard for the laptop. My 1 year warranty for this device with Acer expired long ago, so I can't send it on for repair with them. I was wondering where I can get a motherboard for my model, as that laptop is a giant brick lying around at the moment. If I can't buy the actual motherboard itself, what are my other options? Cheers

Hi,
    Have you tried laptopInventory? If not, try:http://www.laptopinventory.com/ModelDetail.php/Acer/Predator 15/G9-591/Motherboards ~ System/59472
  • Gregory.A.Wheatley
    Gregory.A.Wheatley Member Posts: 4 New User
    Doesnt Acer Provide a 2 year warranty with their gaming laptops?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Acer provides 1 year of international warranty and 2 years or more of national warranty.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• jimatsu
    jimatsu Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm looking for a motherboard for a Predator G9-591.  model # P5NCN P7NCN REV:2.0, i7-6700, gpu 960