Wifi Keeps Disconnecting on Predator Helios 300 G3-571-77QK

Majd
Majd Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone, 
So I purchased my G3-571-77QK  a month ago, after updating to the latest windows my WiFi driver Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter Keeps disconnecting What I have to do in order to fix that is to reconnect the Wifi each time and that happens every 10 minutes maybe.
I tried running the troubleshooter but it said everything is fine, I reinstalled the driver (might not be the right way to reinstall it) and restarted the laptop, then it automatically came back. I Spoke to my WiFi's Customer service they said it's not the Wifi, but it could be my driver which is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter. and the WiFi works Just fine on anything else in the house.
I would like to know a solution please on how to fix that. 
Thank you.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If this has happened after you updated the driver, then as customer service have had told you, it most likely is a driver issue. If there is an older version of the driver on Acer's driver page you can try installing it and this might fix your problem. If you are stuck with this version, then you can try with updating the BIOS to latest version, if you haven't done so yet.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Majd
    So i have the latest BIOS for sure, but how can i find the older driver version and install that i know where to look but will it be under the same driver’s name? 
  • Majd
    I actually did the driver older version thing you told me to do and my Ping while playing went 200+ so i had to update it, and it was already disconnecting anyway. Please find me a solution lol. 
  • MQ
    MQ Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem, wifi will disconnect every time I log off my computer for even a second. I have to open the troubleshooter to get on the wifi every single time I open my Helios 300. The problem is always ["wifi" has an invalid IP address]. I can't dominate in rocket league/ do my homework without wifi! (it also disconnects pretty often, meaning I must open up the troubleshooter every 20-30 minutes or so)
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If there isn't an older version of the driver in Acer's driver page and BIOS is up to date, then I don't know what else can be done. You should contact Acer support.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Ayham96
    Ayham96 Member Posts: 18

Tinkerer

edited June 2018

Hi,

Could you please try disabling WMM(QOS) in router settings, you may have to look under Wireless settings, Advanced settings

i have same problem and this solved it 

• JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Try installing old version drivers or make a clean setup of Windows if it is so necessary.
  • Albynaizer
    Albynaizer Member Posts: 4 New User
    I can confirm this is still happening in 2019 with BIOS v1.22 and Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter driver version 12.0.0.722 released 8/22/2018.