I need help changing from Windows 10 to Windows 7 on this Predator G9-591 model.

Aquillius
Aquillius Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Is there anything I should expect after following the process of clean installing? Because I've bought the model last year, and it was still on Windows 10 but I can still try to replace it with a new Windows 7 installation code foundation, so the questions are:
Will the drivers start going haywire if I don't get the necessary ones on here?
Will other built in programs going to disappear too (Like Dolby Audio, Killer Network, Acer DustDefender, that sort of thing...) and I have to redownload them again somewhere on here?
And is there any other things I should be paranoid about, like Nvidia GPU and Intel CPU, (plus game settings that I KNEW had changed due to Windows 10 abruption)?

Besides, I ask this subsection because I'm hoping some people have more experience being able to clean install from time to time, especially Windows 7 users since I've heard alot of great things about Windows 7 and it felt alot like my old Windows XP (bless the poor thing, only by neglecting would time ate that one), and I'm willing to try and change because Windows 10 really does not fit me at all (forced update for once), so my question is...is there anything I should worry about after wiping my Windows 10 OS clean off and reinstalling every programs on the new Windows 7 (if that, besides mourning my saved games)?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    keep in mind that windows 7 is not officially supported and you will need to install it under UEFI enviroment and sometimes is not possible.
    drivers will be very hard to find, especially chipset and USB3.0.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aquillius
    Aquillius Member Posts: 2 New User
    IronFly said:
    keep in mind that windows 7 is not officially supported and you will need to install it under UEFI enviroment and sometimes is not possible.
    drivers will be very hard to find, especially chipset and USB3.0.
    What's UEFI environment and why do you think is it not possible? It feels like I'm sandwiched between 4 large problems at work here granted with 8 smaller problems that would otherwise leave some of my game unplayable alongside the Windows 10 forced update in the 4 largest problems...

Why is the problem so complicated that Microsoft just can't make it look like a breeze switching Windows 10 to earlier Windows like 8 or 7 like an emulation?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface

because Microsoft doesn't want unsafe OSes around and UEFI is one of the bottom things that can protect your laptop.
    I'm not an Acer employee.