Color icc scheme for TN monitor (AUO B156HTN03.8) for Acer Aspire e5-575g

Options
nzt
nzt Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Colors looks ugly, not natural, plus i feel a lot of pain in eyes. How to fix it? Are there any icc profiles for setting correct color scheme (windows 10)?

Answers

• nzt

Tinkerer

edited November 2017
    Options
    IronFly said:
    i don't know if it can apply exactly to your model but worth a try:
    Hi, thank you very much, but these ICC files are incorrect, they make an image at display look very "yellow" (yellow ghosting).
    Btw, I have checked color calibration tool (default windows one) and looks like At I know where is a problem.

At gamma setting I can't make an image with blur effect at center, please see picture attached to the post, and you will understand me.

Please remove space between https: and slash, and you will get the link for the image which demonstrate the problem. 

https:  //i.imgur.com/Aqtz1UG.png

Just open by yourself colorcpl.exe, and you will see that image at center must have some bluish inside, but in my case I always have like on image 3, always too much gamma, and does not matter will i change gamma or not, i will always see dark dots in the center (which tell me that gamma is too high). Can anyone help me out with this? And yes, because of the wrong gamma, I think colors are incorrect and will be incorrect. And impossible to calibrate manually by using windows tools a color to show correct gamma (like it must be in the image in the center).

In general, if I rephrase my message above, then my problem is the following:
    • Incorrect gamma calibration, it is always too high, and impossible to get it lower or adequate. 
    • that's why everything looks like its a reason of ghosting, and at the same time, this is the reason for the incorrect colors.
    • If someone knows some instruments how to calibrate it, let me know (software of course).
    • If gamma issue will be solved, I think colors problem will be solved too.
    • I have played with all windows default tools related to calibrations, I have played with many icc founded profiles for this monitor, and results always bad. 
    • I'm not only one who has such issue. At least dozens of people with the same display experience problems too.

If someone has display AUO B156HTN03.8 please test it and check, is gamma for you at your (the same display like mine) is ok, or not? And report a results.
  • nzt

Tinkerer

Options
    ICC profile corrects the colors, but now I see "yellow" extra side effect, which looks like a problem as I understand with matrix connector or display itself.
    Without ICC, colors are inaccurate, but there is no "yellow effect". About what type of "yellow color while must be true white" -> you a google by yourself. But I hope you already saw it. Wew, I dunno what to do, really tired and feel upset because of my purchase. Too many problems, really a lot of problems... Acer, what is wrong with you? I bought laptop for doing my job, why should i fix your problems? 
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i have the same problem on a Predator laptop, FYI the adobe gamma is only 82% on its panel, so no matter the ICC or calibration with hardware tools, i can't have good colors.

so, if the panel is not good, an ICC or pro calibration can't solve color issues.
    I'm not an Acer employee.