Predator G3 710 Why doesn't Acer Care Center update my bios from RO2-A2 to R02-A3

Fatz2fly
Fatz2fly Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
The current bios version for my Predator G3-710 is R02-A2.  I noticed that a bios security update - R02-A3 - is available for my PC.  My PC is currently stable.  Because the latest bios version is a security update, I would like to install it.  I opened the Acer Care Center app and clicked updates.  It shows my PC as up-to-date and does not offer the R02-A3 update.  What's up? Why can't I update the bios through the Acer app?  Is there another way to update the bios? Or, is this bios update not applicable to my PC even though it shows as an update when I enter my serial number in the Acer support website? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Acer Care Center is just outdated and Acer doesn't upload the drivers there. You can download the latest version of BIOS from your PC's driver page. If the BIOS R02-A3  is located on your PC's driver page then it is for your PC and you can install it.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Yes, don't rely too much on Acer care center, especially on BIOS updates.
    I'm not an Acer employee.