Acer Predator Z271 will not save settings

gprslt
gprslt Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
hello just bought an Acer Predator Z271 with Tobii Eye tracking, and after i change setting in monitors options , and try to save them its not working , after i switch monitor off and back on settings all gone and i have to do everything again and again

Best Answer

• Dick1970
    Dick1970 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Confirmed, worked on my 270T as well.
    got it back from repairs, the eyetracking wouldn't work. Apperently both the tracker and the motherboard of the screen where faulty. they replaced them and now it's working perfectly. Hope it stays that way, only got a back 2 days ago and before the problems started after a month of 3.

Good work here Acer, took a while but it is fixed now.

Regards,

Dick

Answers

• NoddyAsh
    NoddyAsh Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same here. Why no help?
  • NeroKaze
    NeroKaze Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same monitor and had the same problem. If your monitor is flashing RGB colours in standby it's in factory test mode and needs to be changed back to normal mode by pressing and holding the following key combinations: Menu button (joystick) + button above joystick

I figured it out from looking at this thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/360346/xb270hu-loses-settings-after-powered-off

Hope this helps.
  • MannyCalavera
    MannyCalavera Member Posts: 1 New User
    You are a life saver NeroKaze, just worked on my Z271T model
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi gprslt,

Sorry to hear that you having problems, i can recommend contacting your local Acer support center if you still experiencing the issue: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Dick1970
    Dick1970 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Confirmed, worked on my 270T as well.
    got it back from repairs, the eyetracking wouldn't work. Apperently both the tracker and the motherboard of the screen where faulty. they replaced them and now it's working perfectly. Hope it stays that way, only got a back 2 days ago and before the problems started after a month of 3.

Good work here Acer, took a while but it is fixed now.

Regards,