Acer Iconia Tab 8W1-810 Screen Constantly Turning Off

Zierax
Zierax Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi.

I have two Acer Iconia Tab 8W running the latest Windows 10, I have the same issue on both, the screens when using them will just turn off, as if the device is locking, as hitting the power button will bring up the Win10 login page, which I log in, and again it will lock.  Both devices are the same in this regard and it's very frustrating.

Anyone ran into this and figured out a fix?

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Have you checked your power settings? This is the normal behavior if you haven't tweaked it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zierax
    I will check, can't see it being normal behavior, I can literally unlock the device, tap the start icon, and it will lock again (or turn screen off and go to lock screen, when i press the lock button) 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If I were guessing I'd guess the power settings have become corrupted. Perhaps the timeout is really low. Can you keep it running by constantly touching the screen so there's no idle time?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zierax
    billsey said:
    If I were guessing I'd guess the power settings have become corrupted. Perhaps the timeout is really low. Can you keep it running by constantly touching the screen so there's no idle time?
    I find using the screen at all causes the device to do it's locking trick.  I may get 3-4seconds before it does this.  I'm pondering a full system reset to see if this helps, but would like to know the cause/fix in order to stop it happening again. 
  • Zierax
    Right, installed the latest build of Windows 10 using the update assistant, this seems to have fixed the issue.