Tobt Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello, I have this laptop: 

Acer Predator Helios 300
Processor: i7 7700HQ / 2,8 GHz turboboost 3,8 GHz, Quad-Core
16 GB ram
512 GB SSD
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5 

The problem is that I have trouble keeping stable 60 fps in PUBG. Everything is almost at low. I run smoothy 100+ fps in Guild Wars 2, LOL
and stable 60 fps in BF1.. What can I do to improve that? Seen laptops with "worse" specs and running it smoother than me. Please help

Answers

• While I have not played PUBG but there are some things you can change and see if it helps improve performance.

1. Check temperatures, make sure your CPU is not throttling. Can use Predator Sense for this (Likely not this, requires 97C+ to throttle).
    2. Update drivers, specifically NVIDIA drivers and get the latest BIOs from the Acer web site (v1.10, make sure you are plugged in and do not turn off PC, let it turn back on itself).
    3. In NVIDIA Control Panel settings, set your 'Adjust image settings with preview' to 'Let the 3D application decide' for best compatibility.
    4. Look through your plugged in power options and make sure everything is set to non-power saving or maximum performance. 
    5. If you loaded any other third-party programs, check and make sure they are not interfering with the game. Programs that have FPS Overlay and screen recorders can cause this too. This is not really a PC made to do all of that and run perfectly.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss