Predator Sense not working after Windows 10 artist update Helios 300

unhappytoday
unhappytoday Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hi I have the Acer Predator Helios 300 and my Predator sense was working fine until the Windows 10 artist update. Now when I click on the program, it does not open and I cannot adjust my fans manually. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• unhappytoday
    unhappytoday Member Posts: 2 New User
    btw I did uninstall the previous Predator sense and updated to the lastest one that was released in Oct. Still no luck
  • Srinivassababu27
    Srinivassababu27 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same problem with me also..
  • Saphire282
    Saphire282 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had this issue also, but I think I found a good solution. I recently reinstalled predator, which, I don't know makes a difference because it still wouldn't boot up, I'm mainly just adding it to inform all the steps I took. Once that didn't work, I brought the icon back to my desktop and, figuring it's a windows update issue, I right clicked the icon and went down the menu to "Troubleshoot compatibility" . From there it offered me to run the program in "recommended settings" or else further troubleshoot the program. I clicked recommended settings, it had me test the program using windows 8 settings, and viola! It booted up. After that all I had to do was press next, save those settings for the program, and I've been able to close out and boot it up just fine a few times now. 
  • coldgarden
    coldgarden Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2017
    Had this issue also, but I think I found a good solution. I recently reinstalled predator, which, I don't know makes a difference because it still wouldn't boot up, I'm mainly just adding it to inform all the steps I took. Once that didn't work, I brought the icon back to my desktop and, figuring it's a windows update issue, I right clicked the icon and went down the menu to "Troubleshoot compatibility" . From there it offered me to run the program in "recommended settings" or else further troubleshoot the program. I clicked recommended settings, it had me test the program using windows 8 settings, and viola! It booted up. After that all I had to do was press next, save those settings for the program, and I've been able to close out and boot it up just fine a few times now. 

Thank you so much Saphire282!!!  I was having the same issue and this solved my problem until Acer can patch it.  I was missing the cool sense and being able to monitor the temperature while gaming.  
  • Zerain0311
    Zerain0311 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Here's what the  support team got me to do. Uninstall. Power down. push the pinhole next to the battery for 45 seconds. Turn back on. Go to settings - Update&Security - recovery- Restart now (under Advanced) then choose troubleshoot and then choose option 7 which should be something along the lines of 'don't enforce driver signature' or something and then reinstall Predator Sense. That worked for me for a good 24 hours before it stopped working again....
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    @Zerain0311 >>>That worked for me for a good 24 hours before it stopped working again..>>>

How did @Saphire282 compatiblity-mode solution above work out for you? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KENWAY
    KENWAY Member Posts: 2 New User
    BEST SOLUTION

First install predator sense.

Step1: check
    Go to the installation package and find the brown installation box with some code inside the Acer predator sense folder. Open it and then launch if already installed. If it says something like "no license" then you can try this.
    Step2:
    Go to your drive-->program files then view hidden files and find windows apps
    If it denies you to enter, ask Google on how to do so.
    Step3:
    After you enter it find Acer incorporated 'blah'.. if there are two go into the second(2nd) one, then win32 and copy all (the 3) contents.

Now paste them in your installed folder probably in program files (x86) -->Acer-->predator sense
    And.....

YOURE DONE. CONGO. ENJOY.
    Leave comments. 

• NUK666
    NUK666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    FIRST DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF PREDATOR SENSE APP FROM ACER FORUM!

THEN unzip the rar file.

RUN THE SETUP!

AFTER completing the setup click on finish, then open the predator sense v31 folder..and click on e917f4....... brown folder (i have attached the screenshot) and do the installation.

Thats it. there you go.
  • kunalx007
    kunalx007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    @KENWAY that worked for me thank you!
  • blazerx46
    blazerx46 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

NUK666 said:

THEN unzip the rar file.

RUN THE SETUP!

AFTER completing the setup click on finish, then open the predator sense v31 folder..and click on e917f4....... brown folder (i have attached the screenshot) and do the installation.

Thats it. there you go.
    Thanks mate!
    I have nitro laptop, so I use nitrosense and not use predatorsense. But it also works for nitrosense.
  • DankCiVeeAnk
    DankCiVeeAnk Member Posts: 1 New User
    NUK666 said:

THEN unzip the rar file.

RUN THE SETUP!

Thats it. there you go.
    I have just bought an helios 300 and I couldn't figure it out until I saw your post, thank you btw for helping me out: 
  • d3c0d3r
    d3c0d3r Member Posts: 1 New User
    blazerx46 said:
    NUK666 said:

THEN unzip the rar file.

RUN THE SETUP!

Thats it. there you go.
    Thanks mate!
    I have nitro laptop, so I use nitrosense and not use predatorsense. But it also works for nitrosense.
    Hi I'm new here, I have the same problem but I don't see brownfolder in mine and when I double click the file, it's asking me what type off app to use to open the APPX. Hope you can help me out
  • UniverseGOD2525
    UniverseGOD2525 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    How do you drag the predator sense icon to desktop? Where is it located?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    UniverseGOD2525 Left click Windows start icon. Left click all apps. Scroll down to predator sense and drag it to the desktop.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• CrazyVI
    CrazyVI Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi guy's thank u very much for the steps it works.
  • ankitshakya4u
    ankitshakya4u Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

For those who is unable to bring the Predator Sense icon on desktop follow the below steps, its worked for me on Predator Helios 500.

Go to my programfiles folder in C: and search for Predator Sense. In that folder i just run these 3 files in troubleshooting mode and select to run in recommended settings and it worked for me .
    PSAdminAgent
    PSAgent
    PSSvc

Hope it might get resolved for other users facing this issue. Happy gaming 

• Jesús220603
    Jesús220603 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Gracias  a mi me a funcionado