Nitro AN515-51 USB Type C Port

Options
AZAcer
AZAcer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Does anyone know if the AN515-51 Laptop USB Type-C port can be used as video out? I have two monitors and currently use HDMI out and have a USB to VGA converter to other screen.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yes. Inexpensive USB-C to VGA- or HDMI-out adapters are available. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Flyguy1
    Flyguy1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Actually, having tried two different adapters with no luck, I chatted with customer support today and was told that this laptop does not support video over USB-C, meaning that output is limited to a single monitor. :( That is a huge omission for a laptop with a 1050 GTX!
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry.  It should support video out but guess didn't realize that you really wanted two different video outs. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Flyguy1
    Flyguy1 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry.  It should support video out but guess didn't realize that you really wanted two different video outs. Jack E/NJ
    No, it doesn't seem to work for video even when I unplug the other HDMI cord. I have two of this model, and neither do video out from USB-C on either of the adapters I bought (one hdmi, one VGA). 
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry for misinformation. Here's the specs for that particular model's port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shavie
    Shavie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Are there any adapters that would allow for video to work?
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, not for this model's Cgen1 port. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ