Dead pixel on monitor, Acer refused responsibility.

Options
Davesk
Davesk Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Recently bought an acer monitor. within a week, dead pixel shown, 1 location, and then 2nd location, and then the 3rd location. Contacted acer service.
with a shocking reply : Acer does not cover warranty for minor defects of LCD....
So what is the 3 years warranty for may i ask? when you turn down customer first week after purchase, was told that a few small dead pixel will not affect the performance. what kind of resolution is this?
Customer buy a monitor expect no dead pixel of cause. i do not care if it affect performance or not, i pay full amount for the product, you give me dead pixel and asked me to live with it?

So from acer respond, means that customers paying full amount for a chance to gamble? maybe i will get a good monitor, or maybe a defect one with dead pixel, its okay because dead pixel does not affect performance and customers are okay with it! Even if they are not okay with it, they got warranty, oh wait , warranty cannot help them also. well done.

worst customers service and how they handle warranty/after purchase care i ever experienced. First time try acer, the last time i ever touch acer. Same goes to all my contacts and friends. have to warn them.

Comments

• Teetertotter
    Teetertotter Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    Was the person from their CA location? Did you try to call back and speak to another CS representative? Did you request to speak to a supervisor/manager? So, what is the 3 year warranty covering just a monitor?