New Laptop getting Freeze...! Software or Hardware Issue...?

BhavookSingh
BhavookSingh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
My new laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 ; i7 7th gen and gtx 1050 ti) is getting freeze sometimes. When it freezes, it stops responding to any command (not even task manager; Ctrl + Alt + Del).There is no hanging or slowing down or cursor moving, it simply freezes completely still with not any single action. I have to press power button for few seconds to shut it down completely. This problem is not case specific, i.e. it appears any time from while working in Photoshop to while simply browsing. My Laptop is only 1 month old and free from any virus. (To make sure, I also reset my laptop once, and the same problem is still there).
Is it a hardware problem or a software problem. How can I resolve it?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Does this happen since you got the laptop, or it started happening recently?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• AvikDe
    AvikDe Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    a few issues dont overclock gpu beyond limit,dont undervolt cpu beyond limit,use the latest windows 10 updates as the last few windows 10 updates were pretty stormy I would say,as I faced some issues too.Always keep all drivers updated
  • BhavookSingh

Tinkerer

> @ven98 said:
    > Does this happen since you got the laptop, or it started happening recently?

Its only one month since I got this Laptop...! What should I say...? .... This problem happened 3-4 times since then...
  • BhavookSingh

Tinkerer

> @AvikDe said:
    > a few issues dont overclock gpu beyond limit,dont undervolt cpu beyond limit,use the latest windows 10 updates as the last few windows 10 updates were pretty stormy I would say,as I faced some issues too.Always keep all drivers updated

I don't overclock my gpu (I don't know how to do that either). My settings are default in Predator Sense app which I think handles overclocking and its set to 'Auto' mode. I don't under-volt my cpu (again, I don't know how to do that). My windows and drivers are up to date as my laptop is always connected with good internet connection and can receive any update readily.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You can try with updating the BIOS to latest version if you haven't updated it. You can download the file from Acer drivers and find your laptop. Make sure battery is at 100% charge and laptop connected to charger.

If it doesn't work after the update, in Cortana enter 'Troubleshooting'. A window will appear. Under System and Security click on 'fix problems with windows update'. Also make sure every driver(Graphics, Sound, LAN etc.) is up to date.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• priyank123
    priyank123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    My new laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 ; i7 7th gen and gtx 1050 ti) is getting freeze sometimes. When it freezes, it stops responding to any command (not even task manager; Ctrl + Alt + Del).There is no hanging or slowing down or cursor moving, it simply freezes completely still with not any single action. I have to press power button for few seconds to shut it down completely. This problem is not case specific, i.e. it appears any time from while working in Photoshop to while simply browsing. My Laptop is only 1 month old and free from any virus. (To make sure, I also reset my laptop once, and the same problem is still there).http://itubeinfo.com/wwe-2k18-game-apkdata/
    Is it a hardware problem or a software problem. How can I resolve it?