What's happening to my Aspire Switch 10 when there's a clear sticky fluid oozing out from the pad?

jonenzo
jonenzo Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2017 in Switch Series
I've only noticed it for about 2 weeks ago, but there has been a difference in the brightness on the 2 bottom corners of the screen that started about 2 or 3 months ago. Might be a sign to get a new one? Bought it 3 years ago.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Cooling liquid leaking, yes you are right, it's time for a new one.
  • alexcalub
    alexcalub Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi,
    Cooling liquid leaking, yes you are right, it's time for a new one.
    Hi, but what caused it? Matter fact, i rarely use it.
  • alexcalub
    alexcalub Member Posts: 2 New User
    jonenzo said:
    I've only noticed it for about 2 weeks ago, but there has been a difference in the brightness on the 2 bottom corners of the screen that started about 2 or 3 months ago. Might be a sign to get a new one? Bought it 3 years ago.
    Hi just wanted to ask .... did it leaked from the screen just beside where the charger is inserted? Thats where ive noticed is was coming from... i w wonder what caused it? I rarely use this unit... only now
  • TwinsChen99
    TwinsChen99 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same problem having a clear liquid (sticky) coming out from the power button. And i haven't touch it been 2 months stored in the bag. It may cause that i false putting? I put the power button facing the floor inside the laptop bag.   
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    If I were to make a guess, I'd say that it's adhesive from where things are stuck down internally. Did it get hot or colder than normal while stored in the bag? Yours, BTW, looks like it's coming from the volume buttons, not the power...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrBlah22
    MrBlah22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, 

It seems this post is a year old. Did anyone find out the leak. I'm helping someone who has a Acer Aspire Switch 10  SW5-011 that has some sticky substance that seems to come from somewhere near the USB port(keyboard) or that same are but from the display. Could this be a internal battery ?

Thanks