Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Swift 3 RAM upgrade ?

pdimarcopdimarco Posts: 1Member Newbie
Hi, I need to upgrade RAM in my Swift 3. It's that possible?. This memory could work? but how to install it? Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM
http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/acer-swift-3/CT9543926#productDetails
Thank you

FAQ & Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please confirm the full model name( similar to SF3xx-51) these models came with on-board memory and without any slots for upgrading.
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-3-SF315-8250U-MX150-FHD-Laptop-Review.258594.0.html
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • AbstractedAbstracted Posts: 20Member Troubleshooter

Model Name: SF315-51G-51CE

Part Number: NX.GSJAA.001

For this particular model, I called Acer and they confirmed that it has 2 (TWO) memory slots and they are NOT soldered to the board. And they are fully upgradable to 16GB.

• Model Name: SF315-51G-51CE

Part Number: NX.GSJAA.001

For this particular model, I called Acer and they confirmed that it has 2 (TWO) memory slots and they are NOT soldered to the board. And they are fully upgradable to 16GB.

Hi,
    I could have been wrong but according to manual these models don't have slots for upgrading memory, however, I will double check with my fellow members.
    Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

Yeah, it's very confusing.

On Acer's website it says that the SF315 is able to have a maximum of 16GB RAM. The SF314 only has 8GB max.

So when I called up Acer the CS agent initially said that the 15 doesn't have a slot available to add RAM. But after checking with his supervisor, he came back and said that the RAM isn't soldered and there is actually two RAM slots. 

So it seems as though we need someone who has physically checked a 15 to confirm.
    Has anyone been able to confirm that there is at least one memory slot that is either open or can be user replaced?
  • TravbedamanTravbedaman Posts: 1Member New User
    edited January 2018
    So has anyone actually confirmed if model SF315-51G-51CE has an empty or upgradeable ram slot?
  • oliver_thkoliver_thk Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

My Swift 3 model is SF314-51-564Y and when I open the Task Manager, stated there only 2 out of 4 slots are used, so can I add in extra RAM to my laptop? My laptop default RAM is only 4GB, thanks.
  • SharanjiSharanji Posts: 4,081ACE Pathfinder
    edited January 2018
    pdimarco said:
    Hi, I need to upgrade RAM in my Swift 3. It's that possible?. This memory could work? but how to install it? Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM
    Thank you
    pdimarco

This model supports Dual-channel On board  4/8G DDR4 SDRAM support up to 16 GB of DDR4 system memory

brummyfan2 is correct. There are no separate memory slots for upgrading to install memory modules.

• oliver_thkoliver_thk Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

My Swift 3 model is SF314-51-564Y and when I open the Task Manager, stated there only 2 out of 4 slots are used, so can I add in extra RAM to my laptop? My laptop default RAM is only 4GB, thanks.
    Any answers or advice? Thanks in advance.
  • My Swift 3 model is SF314-51-564Y and when I open the Task Manager, stated there only 2 out of 4 slots are used, so can I add in extra RAM to my laptop? My laptop default RAM is only 4GB, thanks.
    Any answers or advice? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    There are no slots for memory upgrade in this model, memory modules are on-board(soldered) only and they come with either 4GB or 8GB.

• EdgardoVSEdgardoVS Posts: 5Member New User
    pdimarco said:
    Thank you
    I have a Acer Swift SF314-54 and I Upgrade the memory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUpPznc5OsY&t=22s
  • DNADNA Posts: 2Member New User
    I want to upgrade the ram of my device swift 3 SF315-51-58TU. Is that possible? please answer

• DNA said:
    I want to upgrade the ram of my device swift 3 SF315-51-58TU. Is that possible? please answer

This model has only on-board RAM, so you can not upgrade memory in this model.
  • DNADNA Posts: 2Member New User
    DNA said:

but the specs says upgradable to 16 gb. how is that possible?
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,100ACE Trailblazer
    edited September 19
    DNA said:
    DNA said:

but the specs says upgradable to 16 gb. how is that possible?
    Download and install CPU-z, move to SPD tab, expand slot1 and 3, post the snips.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
  • AnasAbk123AnasAbk123 Posts: 3Member New User
    edited September 30
    I'm going to buy an acer swift A315 56g, how can i find the maximum specs for the ram that it can handle?
    though it has two channels with one soldered. I think it is similiar to the 55 and 54 versions.

• AnasAbk123AnasAbk123 Posts: 3Member New User
    I'm going to buy an acer swift A315 56g, how can i find the maximum specs for the ram that it can handle?
    though it has two channels with one soldered. I think it is similiar to the 55 and 54 versions.

Pardon me it's A314-56g