Power / Recovery Mode Issue with Acer Iconia 7

Crazedlepreachaun
Crazedlepreachaun Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi,

I have looked up this problem and tried various solutions but those only let me to new problems so I ask afresh. I had an issue with my power button not working unless you pushed it very hard, then it stopped working totally. I took off the back thinking it was a physical issue with the button since the tablet dropped but did not break. Nothing was broken.

I saw people say on various forums to try the volume UP button and power in combo for a long time, that did indeed restart the tablet however it took me into some kind of recovery mode, which looked ok at first, there was a list of options, I tried to select REBOOT SYSTEM NOW, assuming this was like the windows safe mode options list, and it suggests using the vol and power buttons for navigation. When i use volume buttons the selector moves up and down but the power button which is meant to select the options does nothing, it has no effect

However when I press volume up and power again the selector on the list changes color from blue to green, when I hold it like this for a long time it just restarts and goes right back to the same recovery list, in circles like this. If I take my finger off just the power button nothing happens at all.

How do I get out of this ***** recovery list???

Thanks.