usb not appearing in boot menu. Acer VX 15

omranpanda
omranpanda Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2017 in Nitro Gaming
I tried to boot it but it did not appear in the boot menu I tried to use legacy bios , turn secure boot off and change the boot priority but nothing worked :(

Thanks for taking your time to read and to respond to this.

Answers

• omranpanda
    Oh and by the way my specs are
    GTX 1050

12GB of RAM

i7-7700HQ CPU

TN panel

1 TB hdd and 128 GB ssd
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    which kind of OS or other bootable system are you trying to boot?
    if it's windows 10 or any Linux distro (just skip the windows 10 steps) try these steps (OS must be x64 and EFI compatible and don't use legacy BIOS):
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • omranpanda
    I tried to do everything you did step by step but still it does not appear :( but it did work on other computers some use UEFI bios and one from 2009 uses legacy and they detect and can boot from the USB. When i open the boot menu using F12 it just shows windows boot manger and in the device priority it did not show.

I am trying to boot linux mint cinnamon 64 bit.
  • B117User2017
    B117User2017 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Try using the OTHER USB port if you have one.  Mine wouldn't flash drive boot from the FAST port, but it would from the SLOW port.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    yes, if you have USB2.0 or slower USB3.0 port, you need to use that.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Froyd
    Froyd Member Posts: 1 New User
    IronFly said:
    which kind of OS or other bootable system are you trying to boot?
    if it's windows 10 or any Linux distro (just skip the windows 10 steps) try these steps (OS must be x64 and EFI compatible and don't use legacy BIOS):
    1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device

Thanks bro, sample and PICA.

xD