Aspire E5-473G startup problem

Options
Peter_John
Peter_John Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, my Acer Aspire E5-473G laptop won't start. When I press the power button, the blue led indicator turns on but no response from the screen. Not even a backlight though, you can hear the fan blowing inside. I've already tried connecting it through an external monitor thru VGA and HDMI ports and pressing the FN+F5 but still, nothing. Plus, you can't hear anything like the startup sound or anything.
I've tried searching online, and found something that this may be cause by a corrupted BIOS that it is needed to be reinstalled. I've seen some instructions here about reinstalling bios, and it goes something like.. pressing FN+Esc and with the flash drive containing the Bios for that specific laptop downloaded from Acer's official support site but according to the instructions, I needed some .bin files and .fd files which are not present in the zipped folder of my downloaded bios. Only an .exe file is present in the folder which I cannot use because my laptop cant boot into windows and won't start in the first place. Is there still something that I can do to fix it?