Hi and please help aspire v5-573pg boot problems

PinkDragon02
PinkDragon02 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi! I'm really hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to fix my nephew's 3 year old Acer Aspire v5-573pg-9610 laptop. He's in college and can't afford a new pc, so I really hope it can be fixed. The original problem was a black flashing screen after restarting or shut down and rebooting. The power light, battery light and backlit keyboard all lit up. I could get it to boot after it sat all night, or if it sat for 20 minutes (after removing power cord) and pinhole reset. I took it apart and checked all connections, ram, cleaned everything, reapplied thermal paste and replaced the cmos battery and main battery. I still got the black flashing screen. I then tried to update the bios. After I got it to boot after the failed restart I got an error message saying it couldn't update the bios and was rolling back to the original version. I couldn't find anything else to try so I did a factory reset. It wiped the drive and started installing windows 8. It got to the location screen and after pressing next it would hang. After many reboots I got an error message saying there was a problem they thought they could fix if they went online and to enter wifi info. So I did and the little dots would circle for about 5 mins. and it would try to restart and it can't restart so I have to let it sit, and then I get it to boot and it starts again. So now it's just stuck in this loop and I can't do anything else. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Topic moved to relevant forum - Acer-Tim