HELP WITH HELIOS 300

BloodyXLegit
BloodyXLegit Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Ever since I got the Helios 300 there has been freezing and every couple of minutes there is a stutter and the mouse freezes for like a millisecond but it is really annoying . Sometimes when launching apps or doing simple things such as clicking the battery icon, it will freeze for like 2 seconds before returning back to normal, tried everything( clean install, updated drivers , updated windows, set Nvidia control panel to use dedicated gpu) all to no avail. The thing is though all games run smooth 60fps plus but when doing simple tasks it freezes, I heard it was due to Nvidia Optimus technology switching between Gpu’s but it shouldn’t freeze for a couple of seconds. Any tips?

Answers

• I had this issue too and I think it is graphics driver related, but what seems to help is removing the Nvidia control panel and the Intel graphics control panel from the context menu. Specifically the desktop context menu. The Intel begins with igfx. 

You can use ShellEx to do this or go into the registry and remove them manually. There are some more guides specifically for this issue on the web to remove these and it is a seemingly known issue. 

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • BloodyXLegit
    BloodyXLegit Member Posts: 3 New User
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/en/profile/Skelomorph">Skelomorph</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">I had this issue too and I think it is graphics driver related, but what seems to help is removing the Nvidia control panel and the Intel graphics control panel from the context menu. Specifically the desktop context menu. The Intel begins with igfx. 

You can use ShellEx to do this or go into the registry and remove them manually. There are some more guides specifically for this issue on the web to remove these and it is a seemingly known issue. 

Skelo</div>
    </blockquote>
    Will try, Thanks !
  • Let us/me know if doing this helped.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss