Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

how to remove HDD

aaspaasp Posts: 7Member New User
edited October 2017 in Aspire Desktops
My computer is an Acer Aspire XC-780 destkop.
I want to swap the installed HDD with a SSD.
After taking off the lid I see the HDD and other than knowing how to unplug the power and data cables, I do not know how to physically remove the HDD out of its cage. Are there screws to remove, if so where are they.
I would appreciate step by step direction

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,769 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Remove two screws which secures the ODD/HDD bracket to the chassis (snip 1), lift up the ODD/HDD  bracket (snip 2), remove 4 screws to release HDD from the bracket (snip 3), slide out the HDD and reverse the procedure for installation.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,769ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Remove two screws which secures the ODD/HDD bracket to the chassis (snip 1), lift up the ODD/HDD  bracket (snip 2), remove 4 screws to release HDD from the bracket (snip 3), slide out the HDD and reverse the procedure for installation.

• MarkyBMarkyB Posts: 2Member New User
    Hi, my hard drive has died on my xc 780. I get the pictures above but struggling to get the front panel off to reach the screw. Are you able to provide details of how to remove the front panel. 
    MarkyB said:
    Hi, my hard drive has died on my xc 780. I get the pictures above but struggling to get the front panel off to reach the screw. Are you able to provide details of how to remove the front panel. 
    Hi,
    1.Force eject ODD tray with a paper clip.
    2.Disengage the latch securing bezel to the ODD ray.
    3.Remove the bezel and push back the ODD until it clicks in to place.
    4.Release the retention tabs from chassis interior.
    5.Disconnect Power button/LED cable.
    6.Pull the front bezel away from the chassis.

• MarkyBMarkyB Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks for your response. Managed to get the hard drive out, not sure I would of worked it out myself
    MarkyB said:
    Thanks for your response. Managed to get the hard drive out, not sure I would of worked it out myself
    You are welcome :)