Acer Aspire E1-510 delayed shutting off and turning on

FluffyBear
FluffyBear Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi, I own an Aspire E1-510. Few days ago I noticed it wouldn't shut down, instead it would send it to Sleep mode. Naturally, thought it was an OS issue so I Googled and tried everything I could think of. Tried taking battery out, using the button, everything really but nope. Then when I tried to turn it back on (battery was out) it wouldn't start. It's charging, I can see the light for battery blinking as well as the blue one for power (which starts and then turns off). Few rounds of that and it turned on fine.
Fast forward, figured out it goes to sleep and shuts down like 10 minutes later (light stops blinking) and when I want to turn it on I press the button, do my own thing for 10-15 minutes and it boots up fine.
I even reinstalled the OS, didn't seem to help. It's not overheating, memory is fine, HD is fine.

Tried all the suggestions I could find online, checked the drivers, power settings, I really don't know what else to do. Anyone got any suggestions? Or ideas as to what it could be?
It works fine other than the delayed start and shut down