Factory Resetting ACER Aspire e15

Options
Impulse
Impulse Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello fellas,

I have an ACER Aspire e15 that I want to factory reset. Nothing wrong with the laptop just want to switch from 8.1 to Windows 10. Before the update though, wanted to reset cause everyone in the family used it and I'd rather start fresh on Windows 10 and be rid of the garbage files piled up/downloaded over the years.

I understand you have to power off, and press ALT+F10 when the acer screen shows up. What from there? Could someone please explain the process SLOWLY as if I am an old adult who understands 0 tech lingo.

My other question is whether I will have to reconnect to my house wifi after said reset. I'd rather not because I forgot the password to the router. My devices MAC address is added to the router and I have the WIFI connection password. I just can't add any new devices to the router. If resetting only makes me reenter the password to my wifi network on my laptop, I can survive that as I have the password. I just don't want to go in and try resetting everything in the router.

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

there's not so much to explain on factory reset, you just need to follow the onscreen instruction, is pretty straightforward.

you can also follow this tutorial and do the factory reset from Acer recovery:

About wifi, if your router has already the MAC address of your laptop, you will just need to put the wifi password at the first connection.

I'm not an Acer employee.