aspire v3-571 no WiFi (like all the others)

Himmit
Himmit Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I see all the posts about Win 10 and Aspire V3-571, but no explanation yet, as to why:

1. Will they ever fix the link to Windows 10 FAQs = Error 404 Page not found. How professional is that! A refelection of the Acer care and attention?

2. My Aspire V3-571 has never had WiFi. Not what it came with, not not even after a compolete wipe and install of Windows 10as was suggested. Now what!

3. I run it with a cable, but a Acer Wireless Laptop should operate wirelessly - no? The System>Device Nanager shows no errors, no problems. The Acer diag tool says there is none plugged in - plug it in. Plug WHAT in? I bought it with WiFi - it;s in the slot and connected. The only outcome is trying to connect to the network, and it just says "Cannot connect to network."
    DO I know how to connect? Yes, I have two other laptops that are not Acer, but can connect. I guess it pays to read all the world's forums (known to kiddie-koders as "Community") and heed the frustrations of the customer, or join them.
  4. Acer isn't going to help because I waited too long for the updates that never arrived.

Is there a tweak, smack-dab or whatever, to make this work as was advertised?

Thanks,
HIMmit - the politically correct modern day Googie term for HERmit.