Acer aspire 5542

Shellybelly
Shellybelly Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have a problem with my laptop so I turned it on went in fine seen dere was a problem with my norton so I was fixing that then it asked to restart my laptop to install patch .... so I pressed the restart button but nothing happened my screen is just blank I looked online and I tried the whole 30 seconds thing it will start again I can hear the fan but that is all I get no screen just black any suggestion would be a great help

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,460 Trailblazer

Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. About 5 seconds. Remove the battery and charger. Press and hold the power button again for about a minute. Re-insert the battery and charger. Press the power button once to turn the machine back on. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Shellybelly
    Nope still didn’t work ????????
  • JackE

Did an ACER logo screen appear then turn black when you turned it back on? Did any LEDs light up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shellybelly
    Nope two led lights alrite da blue and orange one at da front and da blue one beside da power button
  • JackE

Press the Fn+F6 keys at the same time. If nothing happens, press Fn+F5 at the same time. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Shellybelly
    Still not working 🙁🙁
  • JackE

>>> I tried the whole 30 seconds thing >>>

What did you mean by this '30-sec' thing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

>>> I tried the whole 30 seconds thing >>>