Acer Aspire VX5-591G keeps lagging and freezing while gaming

GoodWarrior
GoodWarrior Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hey everyone, I am experiencing a very strange problem with my otherwise great-functioning laptop. While playing games, sometimes it freezes for a second (at times up to 5 seconds). This normally happens when some sort of an event occurs, for example, killing an NPC or a character using a skill. At times certain sounds get delayed, for example a character starts is supposed to be saying something and the subtitles start rolling already but in actuality you hear the character a few seconds later. Also in some games certain graphics take some time to be shown, most notably in dota 2, where if I click away from my hero to see what items someone else has, then select my hero once again, sometimes the skill icons don't get drawn and I have to deselect and reselect my hero again for them to get drawn properly.

All this is incredibly irritating and at times severely detrimental to my enjoyment of the game, and I have no clue how to fix this myself which is why I'm writing here. I have the laptop verison with an SSD as well as an HDD, my Windows is installed to my SSD but all my games are on my HDD. I know this is not an overheating problem, because I've purposely limited my FPS in dota 2 and knocked down the graphics, and MSI Afterburner showed that neither my CPU nor my GPU was even close to being loaded to 100%. If anyone has any advice or is able to provide any help I'd greatly appreciate it.