Black Screen After Login

sTARTFC
sTARTFC Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have the Aspire E15 laptop. This issue happens intermittently. When I turn on the laptop, it boots to the login screen, then when I login it immediately goes to a black screen. I have started in safemode and there is no issue. I have disabled both the Intel and Nvidia graphic drivers and still the issue remains after a reboot. I have upgraded both graphics drivers and the bios to the latest versions and still the issue remains. The previous times this has occurred,if I left the laptop off for a couple of days, when I turn it back on it logs in fine and the desktop and icons are visible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This can be just a bug with windows. Go to control panel>view by:small icons>Troubleshooting>system and Security and just under it click on Fix problems with Windows Update. Let it scan first, if it doesn't find anything let it scan again as an administrator.

After that open command prompt(admin) and enter sfc /scannow. This will automatically scan for and repair corrupted system files.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!