Acer Switch 10 E - Audio, Bluetooth, Battery and Touch Screen not working.

yucocosa
yucocosa Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently reset my Acer Switch 10 e, for the reason that I accidentally deleted something in the Registry and caused my netbook to completely stopped working. Can't open anything. Always getting an error message that says "Class not registered." So, I did a reset. But now, I don't have any audio drivers, my battery icon is not showing and is greyed out, I have no bluetooth driver, and my touch screen is not working. I **bleep** up. I'm sorry.

Is there anything I can do to bring all these things back? Sorry, not really a tech savvy.

[inappropriate content removed]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Hi,

You could try installing the drivers for them,go to Acer support site, insert the actual model number(ie: SW3-016, SW3-013....etc), select the OS and download "Platform Drivers Installer", extract the downloaded file, open the extracted folder, rightclick Setup.exe and click "Run as admin".

Then go to Device manager(right click start), check for any yellow triangle warnings for any device, if you find any, download and  install the drivers from Acer Support site. Snips below are

only to show as an example, you need to download the drivers for your actual model.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6460?b=1

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

• yucocosa

Hi. Thank you for the relpy. My battery and bluetooth are okay now, actually. I updated the drivers that have a yellow triangle in it. My sound drivers are now installed. I can no longer see the red x sign. But I can't hear any sounds. The volume mixer meters are moving when I play something. But there's no sound. I tried using headphones, no luck. I will try your suggestion, I'll get back if it works. Smiley Happy

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Check whether you have "x" in sound icon, it may have got muted.

Capture5.JPG

• yucocosa

Hello,

No, it's not muted. I can actually adjust the volume. It shows as if it's okay. But the only problem is, there's no sound at all.

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Try reinstalling the driver again, it may have got corrupted.

• yucocosa

Hi,

I've tried that several times. Still not working. Smiley Sad

I uninstalled. Reinstalled. Still no sounds. I'm sure the speakers are not at fault because there's still no sound when I used my headphones.

• brummyfan2

Hi,

Could you please post the actual model of your laptop, go to Device manager, expand sound, video and game controllers, highlight and right click Realtek High definition Audio, go to Driver tab and post the snip.

Capture.JPG

• yucocosa
    Hello there,
    I'm so sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner. This comment box isn't letting me post a photo. I don't know how. But I have Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Audio Codec. And both of them say it's up to date.