Acer Aspire One AO756 suddenly crashes

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One AO756 that crashes suddenly and does this repeatedly.

I bought this unit in 2012.  It has done this since.

I an not certain what OS it originally had when purchased  I know at one point I had Windows 8.  I now have Windows 10.

After all the upgrades it still crashes.  

I thought this was overheating but this happens after the computer has been off for a while and right after I turn it on.

I was considering a BIOS upgrade.  However, after reading http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BIOS-update-for-Aspire-One-AO756/td-p/487879#_ga=2.75302801.2068328168.1507765643-1614734918.1484536667

I am not sure if I should upgrade the BIOS.  I don't think it has Windows 7 but I am not sure.  According to the link, if I am reading correctly, I should not use the Version: 2.21 upgrade. Am I correct?

Does anyone else have any ideas on why it may be crashing? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

It originally came with Win7. The HDD is failing. The BIOS firmware is fine. Accordingly, you need to clone to and replace the HDD with a new HDD or SSD. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• VanJay011379
    VanJay011379 Member Posts: 2 New User
    This notebook always crashed like this since I've bought it. So the hdd was bad from the start? Very dssapointed!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer

>>>This notebook always crashed like this since I've bought it.>>>

Do you mean it was never returned for warranty service or replacement?! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• NeonzGamingYT
    NeonzGamingYT Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me too! I'm using right now. It has been 3 times it crash, maybe the HDD has a problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @NeonzGamingYT rather than resurrecting a three year old thread, could you start a new one? Give us your complete model number, something like AO756-xxxx, details as to what you are doing when it crashes and any error messages you might see, and what steps you have tried so far to figure out what is going on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NeonzGamingYT_
    NeonzGamingYT_ Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    @NeonzGamingYT rather than resurrecting a three year old thread, could you start a new one? Give us your complete model number, something like AO756-xxxx, details as to what you are doing when it crashes and any error messages you might see, and what steps you have tried so far to figure out what is going on.
    Hey this my new account since i forgot my old account password. Anyways my laptop Acer Aspire One AO756 has no problem now