Stuttering on G3-571

brian105
brian105 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I bought this laptop a couple of days ago and so far it has been great except for one issue. Occasionally, there will be moments of stutter where the mouse will stop moving for about 2 seconds. This happens when a UAC prompt comes up and sometimes when i try switching programs. I heard somewhere that reinstalling Windows might help, but I don't know if that is the best solution.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Uninstall GeForce experience and see if that will help.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• BloodyXLegit
    BloodyXLegit Member Posts: 3 New User
    This is a common issue with laptops that come with Nvidia Optimus Technology, whenever the UAC prompt pops up, it triggers the Dedicated Gpu which causes the freeze, also doing other things such as clicking on the battery icon will make it stutter as well, This is an issue with Windows 10 since its the only OS it happens on and possibly Nvidia drivers. Till now there is still no "fix" 
  • This is a common issue with laptops that come with Nvidia Optimus Technology, whenever the UAC prompt pops up, it triggers the Dedicated Gpu which causes the freeze, also doing other things such as clicking on the battery icon will make it stutter as well, This is an issue with Windows 10 since its the only OS it happens on and possibly Nvidia drivers. Till now there is still no "fix" 
    If this is really the case for some lag issues, you can go into GeForce Experience and disable the optimizing of games. I am going to do this myself and see if it helps. I have also found the Intel Control Panel on the on desktop context menu can cause some lag as well. Drawbacks of all these Microsoft Updates, other companies aren't keeping up. *sigh*

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • aks895
    aks895 Member Posts: 38 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Disable UAC, if that causes the problem, it is completely useless and should be disabled anyway. Coming to geforce experience, another useless bloatware type of software, better to uninstall this too.