Realtek High Definition Audio Problem - Acer Aspire E 14 E5-473T-3860

Anujan
Anujan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi, I just recently reset my laptop to factory settings and my sound is not working now. It was working fine before I reset my laptop so I'm sure it's not a problem with anything inside of the laptop. This happened once before where my sound just stopped working so I clicked on "Troubleshoot sound problems" and that made my sound work again. This time around after I reset my laptop, I tried that option but it didn't work. Some solutions I tried that didn't work are:

1) Device Manager > Left click Realtek High Definition Audio > Update Driver, and it said the best driver is already installed. 

2) Speaker Properties > Enhancements > Disable all sound effects, and it didn't change anything.

3) Troubleshoot Sound Problems > It gave me the option to reinstall current audio driver automatically then restart laptop and didn't work as well.

Could someone help me with my problem and is there any basic audio features (like unmuting volume) I should double check?

Thanks  

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you set the Realtek speakers as the default playback device?

right click the speaker icon near clock and date, choose playback device.

you can also try to update the Realtek drivers from Realtek website:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

tick accept and download the correct driver

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ktb
    ktb Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was able to boost my speaker volume on my new Acer laptop - I do not seem to have the Enhancement tab but this is what I discovered that worked for me:       
    1. Open control panel
    2. Click on the sound card vendor setting, Realtek HD Audio Manager in my case
    3. Select the Speaker option and choose the settings per your preference (4800Hz 24 bits is mine)
    4. Under Acer True Harmony, Set to 'Movie'
    I'm no computer whiz but hopefully this can help you.
  • BettyBoop06
    BettyBoop06 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

IronFly said:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High Definition Audio Codecs

tick accept and download the correct drivr

right clickingn on the speaker icon does not bring up the ''playback device'' option. The only choices I get are 1) Open Volume Mixer 2) Open Sound Settings 3) Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic for headphones) 4) Sounds 5) Troubleshoot sound problems.

I do not see this ''playback device'' option anywhere, so I can't set it.

Also the link you provided doesn't lead anywhere. 

I have no clue how to go about fixing this issue...
  • BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

ktb said:
    I was able to boost my speaker volume on my new Acer laptop - I do not seem to have the Enhancement tab but this is what I discovered that worked for me:       
    1. Open control panel
    2. Click on the sound card vendor setting, Realtek HD Audio Manager in my case
    3. Select the Speaker option and choose the settings per your preference (4800Hz 24 bits is mine)
    4. Under Acer True Harmony, Set to 'Movie'
    I'm no computer whiz but hopefully this can help you.
    Can you explain no 2 step by step? Once I open control panel, I don't know where to click

• BettyBoop06

Tinkerer

edited November 2019
    IronFly said:

tick accept and download the correct driver

I think it will be easier to explain with screenshot. When I click on the speaker icon, this is what I get (see the part in the black square) on the right end side at the bottom

As you can see, there is no ''playback device'' option for which to choose from. Is there another way to access ''playback device''?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,905 Trailblazer
    Playback device is actually within Sound Settings. Select that option and you'll have the choice of playback devices near the top of the settings window.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.