Headphone jack

Options
bryanguardian19
bryanguardian19 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi guys, I just want to ask if I can go to an ACER store and ask to fix the inside of my headphone jack. It's because I can't put my earphones inside of it. A small bead blocked it and I can't take it out. I really need help. How much is it for it to be removed? Any other tips also on how can I remove the bead inside. Please thanks!

Answers

• Falls_Tech
    Falls_Tech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

my first thought was compressed air but if its jammed in there that won't work.  ok, get a really fine needle and see if you can work it out.

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

• bryanguardian19
    Options

I already tried using a fine needle and I cant even get the bead out. I think its really stucked inside the jack. If I go to a service center, ofc it would help me right. But will it cost me expensive? Or it is minor enough to be cheap? Need help huhu Smiley Sad

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    if the bead is made of plastic, take a long needle and heat the point then push it to the bead, wait 20 seconds and try to pull it out.

Or try with a vacuum cleaner.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • bryanguardian19
    Options
    Hi there I think its a good idea. I just find out that it is the silica gel from the bag of the laptop. So I guess its a plastic?
  • IronFly
    Options

not plastic at all.

try to shake your laptop while using a vacuum cleaner

• bryanguardian19
    Options
    The silica gel is still stucked tho. Its so hard to take it out. Any other options huhu
  • IronFly
    Options

are you able to see the silica gel inside the jack?

probably one of the internal leaf is holding it, you can try another way.

take a cotton bud, cut one extremity (so it has only the plastic part), put some glue (super glue can be good but be very carefull or you will glue the cotton bud too) on the top end (just a little) and put the cotton bud inside the headphone jack and try to catch the silica gel, hold it 5 seconds and try to pull out.

• bryanguardian19
    Options
    Thank you very much. Yes I can see the silica gel and its probably got stucked in th internal leaf coz its not moving. Ill try ur way later and inform you. Ciao